RECIPIENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION SYSTEM (REVS) INFORMATION
The Recipient Eligibility Verification System (REVS) is a toll-free telephonic
eligibility hotline that has been in place for several years and is used to
verify Medicaid recipient eligibility. REVS
has two telephone numbers. The
toll free number is
(800) 776-6323. The local Baton
Rouge number is (225)
216-REVS (or 7387).
With its enhancements, REVS provides verbal confirmation, but no printed verification, of:
- Recipient eligibility
- Third party insurance resources
- Service limits and restrictions
will continue to be accessed through touch-tone telephone equipment using the
Gainwell Technologies toll-free telephone number, at no additional cost to enrolled providers.
Providers may access recipient eligibility by using the following pieces of information
- Sixteen digit card control number and recipient 8-digit birth date OR social security number
- Medicaid 13-digit ID number (valid during the last 12 months).